Advanced Cerametrics Incorporated At a Glance
- Proprietary ceramic fiber production technology
- The standard source for micro power energy harvesting and self generating vibration control
- Third generation Harvestor-III™ power module introduced mid 2009
- Revolutionary technology to make spun ceramic fiber for:
- Vibration energy harvesting for powering micro-electronics and low power circuits
- Vibration damping / structural support and sensing
- Battlefield defense materials and systems
- Two manufacturing facilities - ISO 9001 certification
- Headquarters, research and development in a 20,000 ft² facility in Lambertville, NJ
- Automated spinning and piezo fiber composite manufacturing 20,000 ft² facility in Findlay Ohio, slated to open fall 2011.
- Founded in 1947
Company Focus – Energy from Motion™
ACI’s strategic market focus is on powering electronics and managing vibration. The flexibility of ACI’s fiber gives ACI’s products a physically superior capability to convert (harvest) useful amounts of electrical power from vibration or motion via the piezoelectric effect. ACI can also use the same components and reverse this process to actively dampen vibration. The list of potential applications for advanced ceramic technology is nearly limitless.